This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Irresistible, creamy Oreo Dip is an easy, no bake dessert dip with the most wonderful Oreo cookie flavor! Whip this treat up in just 10 minutes with Oreo cookies, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and Cool Whip. Serve with strawberries and cookies for a fun snack that’s sure to be a hit!
Oreo Dip Recipe
Whether it’s a party, potluck or the holidays, dessert dips like Oreo Dip are one of my favorite things to pull out. They work for any occasion, are so easy to make and they always get devoured. This Oreo Dip recipe is very similar to my festive Little Debbie Christmas Tree dip. It’s a simple mix of cream cheese, vanilla and whipped topping, but instead of Little Debbie snacks we’re adding crushed Oreo cookies and a little bit of powdered sugar for added sweetness. The best combo!
It’s SO good, you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful! However, it’s great served with a variety of different dippers, too. Choose your favorite assorted cookies from graham crackers and Nilla wafers to butter cookies, shortbread cookies, extra Oreos and broken up waffle cone. You can even serve it with fresh fruit! While Oreos are great on their own, we are absolutely obsessed with them in this dip! It’s a must try!
Just 6 simple ingredients to make this Oreo dip recipe! They come together for the most amazing treat! You can find exact measurements in the recipe card below.
- Oreo Cookies: To give the dip plenty of Oreo flavor, you’ll need to crush 20 regular Oreo cookies.
- Cream Cheese: I recommend full-fat cream cheese that is at room temperature to add creaminess and a mild sweet and tangy taste.
- Powdered Sugar: For the perfect amount of sweetness and smooth texture.
- Vanilla Extract: Warm vanilla flavor balances the sweetness and tang of the cream cheese.
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt to bring all of the flavors together.
- Whipped Topping: Cool Whip or another dessert topping gives this a light, airy and luscious consistency.
How to Make Oreo Dip
Oreo dip is very straightforward to make and can be ready in just about 10 minutes. Need a quick sweet treat? Everyone loves Oreos! Whip this up and wait for the rave reviews to come pouring in!
- Crush Oreos: Place all the Oreos in a large ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. I like to crush them just enough to have fine crumbs but still have some bigger pieces.
- Mix: Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt to a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat it until the cream cheese is completely smooth. Fold in the Cool Whip until fully combined, followed by the crushed Oreos.
- Enjoy: Serve with graham crackers, assorted cookies, strawberries, waffle cone pieces, or whatever you want!
Tips & Tricks
This Oreo dessert dip recipe is easy to make and turns out perfectly sweet, creamy and rich. Here are a few tips so it’s always a hit!
- Use Homemade Whipped Cream: To use real whipped cream instead of whipped topping, whip 1 1/2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream and 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar to medium-stiff peaks. Use as directed in the recipe card.
- Can I Use Other Oreos? Of course! You will want to stick with flavors that aren’t double stuffed, but this recipe will work with any of the fantastic flavors Oreo comes out with.
- Crushing Oreos: Instead of crushing the Oreos by hand, you can throw them in a blender or food processor and pulse a few times, just be careful to not over blend them!
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with Oreo cookies, graham crackers, wafer cookies, broken waffle cones, and fresh strawberries!
This Oreo dip can be made up 1-2 days ahead of serving however, it may end up thickening as it sits. Thin it out with a tablespoon or two of milk, if needed.
- In the Refrigerator: The dip can keep for up to 4 days in the fridge as long as it’s covered with plastic wrap or in a sealed airtight container.
Can Oreo Dip Be Frozen?
I don’t recommend freezing this dip. Whipped topping does not do well in the freezer once it’s been thawed and used in a recipe. The texture of the dip won’t turn out well if it is frozen. So enjoy it fresh or refrigerate it if you have any leftovers!
Pin this now to find it later
Place all the Oreos in a large ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. I like to crush them just enough to have fine crumbs but still have some bigger pieces.
Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt to a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat it until the cream cheese is completely smooth. Fold in the cool whip until fully combined, followed by the crushed Oreos.
Serve with graham crackers, assorted cookies, strawberries, waffle cone pieces, or whatever you want!
Serving: 1servingCalories: 302kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 4gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 226mgPotassium: 139mgFiber: 1gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 431IUCalcium: 65mgIron: 4mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.