This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Make mealtime a breeze with this easy Souper Rice recipe! Combine creamy chicken soup, instant white rice, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasonings for a quick and tasty dish. Simple, delicious, and a side dish that is ready in no time!
What is Souper Rice?
This souper rice recipe is rice that is cooked in cream of chicken soup and seasonings to make the rice packed with flavor! This rice can be mixed with veggies and protein and made the star of the show, or you can serve it as a side to any delicious meal!
Not only is this rice delicious, but it’s super easy to make. It’s ready in less than 10 minutes, and your entire family will go crazy over it!
What Ingredients Are in Souper Rice?
This recipe is packed with yummy ingredients, making this rice so delicious. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements.
- Cream of Chicken Soup: This provides a rich and velvety base to the dish.
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth: This adds additional flavor (instead of just using water).
- Instant White Rice: This makes the cooking time so quick!
- Parmesan Cheese: This adds a savory and cheesy richness.
- Italian Seasonings: These herbs blend together for added flavor.
- Chicken Bouillon: Enhances overall savoriness.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper: Adds a subtle kick to the dish.
- Fresh Parsley: I use this as a garnish on top of the dish to take it up a notch!
Is Souper Rice Easy to Make?
Yes! This dish comes together so quickly. You are going to love how easy it is and the delicious taste it has!
- Combine liquids: Add the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth to a medium saucepan. Stir and heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: Stir the instant rice, cheese, dried Italian seasonings, chicken boullion, and pepper into the soup mixture. Cover the pan and remove from heat.
- Let it stand: Let the rice stand for 5-8 minutes or until the rice is softened and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve: Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve warm!
Variations and Tips
Souper rice is a delicious and versatile side dish that can be easily adapted. Whether you’re looking to add some protein or vegetables, this souper rice is customizable. Get creative! Load it up with chicken or crumbled bacon, or add veggies like peas or mushrooms. The variations and add-ins are endless!
- Protein: Add protein like cooked chicken or bacon crumbles for a heartier side dish.
- Vegetables: Sauteed mushrooms or onions would be so tasty in this rice. Or try adding more veggies like frozen peas or carrots.
- Rice: Use wild rice or instant brown rice instead of white rice. The brown rice may take longer to cook, but it will add lots of nutrition!
- Soup: Swap out the French onion for the cream of mushroom soup.
Storing Souper Rice
Leftover souper rice tastes fantastic! Here is how you store the rice to make sure it lasts:
- In the Refrigerator: Let the rice cool down to room temperature, then store it in an airtight container in your fridge. Store leftover rice for about 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat leftovers in the microwave until warmed through. Add a splash of chicken broth before rewarming to add moisture to the rice.
Pin this now to find it later
Add the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth to a medium saucepan. Stir and heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
Stir the instant rice, cheese, dried Italian seasonings, chicken boullion, and pepper into the soup mixture. Cover the pan and remove from heat.
Let the rice stand for 5-8 minutes or until the rice is softened and most of the liquid is absorbed.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve warm!
Calories: 233kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 10gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 242mgPotassium: 131mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.3gVitamin A: 107IUVitamin C: 0.01mgCalcium: 170mgIron: 3mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.