This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Two of my favorite things combined: marshmallow fluff and fresh whipped cream! It’s perfect for adding to your favorite desserts, and is so good, you’ll want to eat it straight from the bowl.
Whipped Marshmallow Cream
Forget boring whipped cream, this dreamy marshmallow version takes things to cloud nine. It’s like your favorite marshmallow fluff got whipped up into the silkiest, pillowy goodness. Every dollop has subtle vanilla flavor, and you can adjust the sweetness with a bit of powdered sugar.
In addition to eating it straight out of the bowl, pile this marshmallow whipped cream on cakes and pies for an instant upgrade, dollop it onto hot chocolate for some creaminess, or use it as a fruit dip! Trust me, once you get a taste of this fluffy magic, you’ll be adding it to all of your favorite desserts.
4 Ingredients to Make It
Mix up these 4 ingredients, and you’ll have the perfect fluffy frosting that makes any dessert a million times better!
- Marshmallow Fluff: This key ingredient adds sweetness, light-as-air texture, and a distinct marshmallow flavor to the whipped cream. Feel free to adjust the amount based on your desired level of marshmallow intensity – more fluff means even dreamier peaks! You can buy premade marshmallow creme or make your own.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Make sure it’s chilled for optimal results. Chilling helps the cream whip up faster and creates stiffer, more stable peaks.
- Vanilla Extract (Optional): A dash of vanilla extract adds a subtle warm and sweet note that complements the marshmallow flavor beautifully. However, it’s entirely optional and the whipped cream will still be delicious without it. You could also add almond extract for some nuttiness!
- Powdered Sugar (Optional): Powdered sugar dissolves instantly into the marshmallow whipped cream, leaving a smooth and creamy texture. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking, starting with a smaller amount and adding more to taste.
Make it Chocolatey!
For a chocolatey twist, swap half the marshmallow fluff for Nutella. This creates a decadent chocolate-marshmallow swirl that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
How to Make Marshmallow Whipped Cream
It’s super easy! Just make sure you’re using chilled heavy cream, or it won’t whip up properly. Sometimes I even like to stick my mixing bowl and mixing attachments/whisk in the freezer beforehand to make sure I get the right texture.
- Add Fluff and Cream to Bowl: Add the marshmallow fluff and cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. If desired, add the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Whip: Whip on medium-high speed until you have medium-stiff peaks.
- Use or Store for Later: Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Then use to top cakes, pies, cheesecakes, hot chocolate, or even as a dessert dip.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few simple tips on how to perfect your marshmallow whipped cream, and ways to use it!
- Add Powdered Sugar: While the marshmallow fluff adds sweetness to this whipped cream, it’s very subtle. If you like your whipped cream sweeter, add a tablespoon or two of powdered sugar as you whip the cream.
- Vanilla Extract: For a stronger vanilla flavor, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract!
- More Marshmallow Flavor: If you would prefer to skip the vanilla and sugar but add more marshmallow flavor, add an additional ¼-⅓ cup of fluff, until you reach your desired taste.
- Individual Servings: Try piping dollops of whipped cream onto a parchment paper and then placing it into the freezer for a couple hours. Once frozen solid, carefully remove the dollops from the parchment and freeze in an airtight container until you are ready to use them. It’s perfect individual servings ready to pop onto a mug of hot chocolate!
- For Cakes: If you would like to use this to frost or fill a cake, whip the cream until you have soft peaks (it will stand as a peak, but flop over onto itself when you lift the beaters out). This will keep the whipped cream soft and easy to smooth out.
How Long Does Whipped Marshmallow Cream Last?
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 7 days and use to top cakes, pies, cheesecakes, hot chocolate, or even as a dessert dip!
Pin this now to find it later
Add the marshmallow fluff and cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. If desired, add the vanilla and powdered sugar.
Whip on medium-high speed until you have medium-stiff peaks.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 7 days and use to top cakes, pies, cheesecakes, hot chocolate, or even as a dessert dip.
Calories: 516kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 3gFat: 43gSaturated Fat: 27gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 32mgPotassium: 115mgSugar: 26gVitamin A: 1749IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 0.1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.