This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Tender and juicy, this Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef is absolutely incredible! Add everything to your crockpot in the morning, then in the evening, you’ll have sweet and savory, tangy balsamic beef ready for dinner.
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef, Crock Pot Marry Me Chicken and Korean Short Ribs are some of our family-favorite slow cooker recipes that you MUST try. Using the slow cooker to prepare meats and other dishes is so convenient and really brings out all of the delicious flavors!
Slow Cooker Beef Recipe
Slow cooker recipes like this Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef are the best. It’s so nice to be able to prep a meal in 10 minutes, and then let the slow cooker do all the work. This chuck roast recipe is so easy, it comes together quickly after seasoning the meat and stirring together the sauce. Just go on about your day, and let it cook till it falls apart. The hardest part is waiting for dinner!
After an all-day cook, this meat is super tender and shreds so easily. You can simply use a couple of forks and shred it directly in the slow cooker. There are many options for serving it, too! My family loves it over buttery mashed potatoes or noodles. You could even pile it onto a hoagie roll with cheese like a French dip. However you decide to serve it, it’s sure to be a new family favorite dinner!
The ingredients in this slow cooker balsamic beef recipe are simple and mostly pantry staples. For the beef, you’ll want to get boneless chuck roast, as it becomes the most tender and juicy while slow cooking. The balsamic sauce adds a slightly sweet, tangy, savory flavor that’s wonderful. This meal will definitely impress!
- Beef: You’ll need 4 pounds of boneless chuck roast. This is a tough cut of meat that’s best cooked slowly and gently.
- Kosher Salt & Cracked Black Pepper: For enhancing the flavor of the meat.
- Seasoning: Onion powder and Italian seasoning add flavor to the chuck roast.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Use a good quality balsamic vinegar to add depth and complexity to the sauce.
- Brown Sugar: Balances out the salty and savory flavors, and also adds a depth of flavor.
- Worcestershire: Boosts and intensifies the meaty flavor.
- Beef Broth: Gives the sauce flavor while adding liquid.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic is best, but you can sub with 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Cornstarch: So the sauce thickens up.
- Water: For the perfect consistency.
How to Make Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef
This slow cooker chuck roast recipe is very easy, and mostly hands-off. Start it in the morning, and it will be ready to go come dinnertime! Your chuck roast will need about 9 total hours in the crock pot on low. It will turn out so moist and flavorful! Here’s how it all comes together:
- Add Meat: Place the roast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Seasonings: Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, and Italian seasoning to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Sprinkle the rub on the roast and then rub it generously onto the roast.
- Make Sauce: In a medium bowl, stir together the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and garlic.
- Add Sauce: Pour the broth mixture into the slow cooker with the roast.
- Slow Cook: Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Add Cornstarch: In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water to make a paste. Then stir it into the liquid inside the slow cooker.
- Continue to Cook: Continue cooking for an additional 30-60 minutes. The cornstarch mixture will help thicken the sauce.
- Serve: Shred the beef and then enjoy over mashed potatoes.
Tips for Making Slow Cooker Beef
This recipe is simple and straightforward to make, but here are a few extra tips so it’s perfect! You will love how tender and flavorful it turns out that it’s sure to make it to your regular dinner rotation!
- Searing: If you have the time, I recommend searing the meat before adding it to the slow cooker for extra flavor. This method will caramelize the natural sugars in the meat and brown the proteins. It creates an amazing brown crust on the surface of the meat amplifying the flavor. Heat a large pan or cast iron skillet over high heat with oil. Season the beef, add it to the pan and sear each side for 2-3 minutes until it forms a golden seared crust. Then, transfer it to the slow cooker.
- Low and Slow: Do not cook this beef on high. To achieve the perfect tenderness it is always best to cook chuck roast long and low. It will yield the best flavor and texture.
- Serving: There are many ways to serve shredded chuck roast. It’s great with mashed sweet potatoes, roasted veggies or casseroles. For more ideas, scroll through all of these side dish options.
Storing and Freezing
This slow cooker beef makes such great leftovers. It’s so nice to have them on hand to heat up and enjoy throughout the week!
- In the Refrigerator: Allow the beef to completely cool. Then, along with the balsamic sauce, store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- In the Freezer: Freeze the beef with the sauce in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat in a pan on the stove in the balsamic sauce or rewarm individual servings in the microwave.
Pin this now to find it later
Place the roast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, and Italian seasonings to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Sprinkle the rub on the roast and rub it generously onto the roast.
In a medium bowl, stir together the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and garlic.
Pour the broth mixture into the slow cooker with the roast.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water to make a paste. Stir it into the liquid inside the slow cooker.
Continue cooking for an additional 30-60 minutes. The cornstarch mixture will help thicken the sauce.
Shred the beef and enjoy over mashed potatoes.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 660kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 59gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 951mgPotassium: 1114mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 49IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 7mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.