This zesty Jalapeño Dip is the ultimate crowd-pleaser! Blending cream cheese, sour cream, and canned pickled jalapenos with seasoning, it delivers a delightful mix of creaminess and heat.
Aren’t dips the best? They work as appetizers, snacks, and even sides to a delicious meal! Some of my other tried and true favorite dips are this 5 Minute Million Dollar Dip, this delicious Loaded Creamy Ranch Dip (Poolside Dip), and this yummy and new Cottage Cheese Dip.
Creamy Jalapeño Dip Recipe
Looking for a delicious dip to spice up your snacks? This easy jalapeño dip is a perfect blend of creamy and spicy flavors that everyone will love at parties or get-togethers. To make it, mix tangy cream cheese, smooth sour cream, and fiery canned jalapenos with their juice. The jalapenos add heat and a burst of flavor, making it pack a little heat.
Not only is this dip delicious but do you want to know the best part? It’s super easy to make! Just blend all the ingredients until smooth, then add the cilantro. You can adjust the seasonings to your liking, making it mild or spicy. Serve this mouthwatering dip with chips or crackers or even hard-crusted bread. Whether it’s game day or a movie night, this dip will be the star of the show.
Ingredients in Jalapeño Dip
This dip only has a few ingredients (and you probably already have them all on hand)! This is a great dip for game day or family gatherings. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cream Cheese: This acts as the base of the dip, and the creaminess helps it all blend together.
- Sour Cream: I love the tangy flavor and smooth texture that this brings to the dip.
- Canned Pickled Jalapeños: Make sure to add them with the juice. Don’t drain them!
- Garlic Powder: I love adding in garlic powder to jalapeño recipes, it complements them so well!
- Black Pepper: This enhances all of the flavors without adding too much extra heat.
- Ranch Seasoning Powder: You can either buy a packet of this at the store or make some at home using this recipe.
- Cilantro: Using fresh cilantro adds a bold flavor.
How to Make Jalapeño Dip
This dip comes together in less than 5 minutes. All you have to do is chop up a couple of things, add it all together, and blend it up. Easy and delicious are the best recipes!
- Combine: Add the softened cream cheese, canned jalepeños, sour cream, garlic powder, ranch powder, and pepper to a food processor.
- Blend: Blend until smooth then add the cilantro and blend until incorporated.
- Add Additional Seasonings: Taste and adjust the seasoning with additional seasoning if needed.
- Serve: This dip is perfect when served with tortilla chips!
Tips and Variations
Here are a few ideas on how you can change this jalapeño dip up to make it perfect for you and your guests! If you are serving this dip to a crowd, be mindful of the spice level. Some guests might have a low tolerance for heat, so consider making a separate milder batch for them.
- Adjusting Heat Level: If you prefer a milder dip, you can reduce the amount of canned jalapenos or remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeños before adding them to the food processor. On the other hand, if you love extra heat, you can add more jalapeños or even a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Consistency: For a smoother and creamier texture, ensure that the cream cheese is softened before blending it with the other ingredients. You can leave it at room temperature for about 30 minutes to get it the perfect consistency.
- Fresh Ingredients: Use fresh cilantro and freshly ground black pepper for the best flavor. Fresh herbs and spices have a more potent taste than dried ingredients.
- Chilling Time: For the flavors to develop fully, it’s a good idea to refrigerate the creamy jalapeño dip for at least 30 minutes before serving. This chilling time will also allow the dip to thicken slightly.
Store any leftover jalapeño dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for up to 3-4 days. Remember to give it a good stir before serving again.
Add the softened cream cheese, canned jalepenos, sour cream, garlic powder, ranch powder, and pepper to a food processor.
Blend until smooth then add the cilantro and blend until incorporated.
Taste and adjust the seasoning with additional seasoning if needed.
Serve with chips!
*Sometimes I add two cans of jalapenos because I like a lot of jalapenos in my dip!
Serving0.25cupCalories169kcal (8%)Carbohydrates5g (2%)Protein3g (6%)Fat16g (25%)Saturated Fat9g (45%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat4gCholesterol46mg (15%)Sodium626mg (26%)Potassium138mg (4%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A1117IU (22%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium64mg (6%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.